ES Category Weighting
Category Weighting is done on Individual Quarter Term Grades (Q1-Q4)
It assigns weight to types of assignments, for example Tests, Quizzes, and Classwork
Normally less weight to work that is done for formative or practice purposes and more weight to work that is summative in nature.
Individual category weights are set by the Grade level teachers (Ex. 1st Grade), based on discussions about the value of each type of category.
Category weighting must be done in all Quarters, and for all classes.
To set category weighting,
- open your gradebook application
- Click on the Appropriate Class
- The Click on the Grade Set Up Tab
- Start By Setting the Y1 term to Term Weighting
- Double Click on Y1 then Click on the Radio Button Term Weighting
- Click Save and Close the Y1 Term
- Double Click on the Q1 Term
- Switch to Category Weighting
- Click the Add Category to select the appropriate Categories.
- All Categories in the gradebook are listed but they may not all apply to this particular class
- Select only those that apply
- It is Critical that all Categories Selected have grades in the term.
- Click OK
- Change the Weights on the categories based on Grade level or Department Meetings.
- Click Save
- Click Close (X at top Left of the Term Box)
- Then Double Click on the Next Quarter
- Repeat until all Quarters Are done