Year Long Term Weight with Marking Period Category Weights
If you are using category weights in a year long class there is an additional setup required in your grade book.
In these instructions we will look at this from the Marking periods out.
These procedures must be done on all classes in your grade book.
- Open Grade Book
- Select class
- click on Grade set up tab (Top middle of Gradebook screen)
- Double click on M1 (high school) or Q1 (middle school)
- Select Category weights, these are set by teacher or department, to weight items by assignment category.
Repeat category weights for each marking period.
Make sure you save the grade book when prompted.
- Next You must set S1 and S2 to term weights
- verify that the weights are all equal for all terms (M1-M4 or Q1-Q2)
repeat for S2
- finally double click on Y1
- Open up S1 and S2 by clicking on the triangle in front of S1 and S2
- Verify that all weights are equal for the terms M1- M8 or Q1 - Q4
- Also verify that the correct exam weight is set E1 for local exam or R1 for regents Exam.
If you are not using a final exam set both to 0 weight.
see diagram below
These setting are critical to producing acurae averages for Parents and Students.